Tuesday, May 14, 2013

I get knocked down...

Two years ago I started the journey to becoming a fit and healthy mom for my, now, 2 year old.  Through many ups and downs, I fought hard to lost 52 lbs and to feel amazing.  Well... today I feel like that journey is beginning again.  Here's the story of the last few months, especially weeks of my life:  

I found out I was pregnant with baby #2 last summer, and I was super excited.  I was really excited to see the difference that eating healthy, being active, partnered with AdvoCare could make in a pregnancy.  The beginning of the pregnancy went great, I felt fantastic.  Other than the emotional roller coaster this little man put us through at the beginning (facing the possibility of having a baby with special needs and/or one that might not survive) I felt great physically.  Then the 24 week mark hit, and my blood pressures started creeping up.  I kept going with my exercise and feeling, ok.  Then at almost 33 weeks I found out my blood pressure was super high and I was in pre term labor.  I was put on meds that made me feel horrible and also put on restricted activity... which means... no working out...  So after almost 3 weeks of bed rest little man decided to come 4 weeks and 1 day early. He's perfectly healthy (praise God) and although I didn't get to experience the fit, active, healthy pregnancy I had hoped for, I'm thankful everything went as well as it did.

After delivery I felt fantastic, my body really was ready to be done being pregnant.   However.... That was the week that almost did me in...  I had baby Drew on Monday morning, went home Wednesday, my 2 year old had her tonsils out on Thursday and came home from the hospital on Friday.  Luckily we were blessed with help from my MIL who came to stay with us for 2 weeks.  From Friday to the next Saturday we were recovering from tonsil surgery, which meant lots of crying and pain, meds were a bear and had to be taken every 4 hours, drinks every hour, drops in ears 3 times a day and waking up every hour or two during the night.  On top of that we had a newborn who was just figuring out how to nurse, so he was up every 2 hours eating for an hour.   Needless to say mommy didn't get much sleep....  I feel like all my time was spent nursing, changing diapers, giving hugs, then nursing again.   

As we end the recovery phase and everyone seems to be on the mend, it's time again to get back on the horse and start the journey to getting active and healthy.  Its' been hard eating a good diet with very little sleep and very little time to prepare meals.  Thankfully our support system has blessed us with meals and we are sooooo grateful. 

As I start my journey to losing my baby weight and getting active again I will be continuing my AdvoCare supplements (the ones that are safe for nursing), walking (eventually running and training for a half marathon in November), doing Zumba, and doing AdvoCare's Can you 24 workout videos.   I would love encouragement and prayers, but most of all I would love to have anyone who is ready to take hold of their health, increase their activity level, and transform the way they look, feel, and perform to come along side me and partner your journey with mine.

I'm starting from scratch, working my way up from walking. If I can do it then you can do it too. It's easier to do with accountability. Who is willing to join me and experience what a new you can look and feel like?

No comments:

Post a Comment