Tuesday, July 9, 2013

It may be small, but it's progress...

The last few weeks have been rough, but awesome.  It started about 3 weeks ago when we went to Relay for life.  Being outdoors and not having much to eat I ate almost 2 boxes of protein bars.  The next few days my little man was a total mess!  That's when the lightbulb turned on.... He's sensitive (allergic to nuts).  I just thought he had come out of his "I'm the perfect baby" stage and realized he had a voice, but little did I know the poor guy was in pain and uncomfortable.  So I cut out nuts (which by the way are 3/4 of my diet I think) And that fixed him most of the way.  When I couldn't figure out what was still bothering him I decided on the total elimination diet (chicken and rice only for a bit and then slowly adding things back in) Oh.. And spark (because unless vital to his well being I am not willing to give up the only thing that helps me not feel like a zombie)  and boy... If you ever need motivation not to cheat on a diet, do it for someone who depends on you, knowing that one little cheat may cost you a full night of sleep.  With 2 kids a full night sleep is pretty important..... 

It was tough.....

And then....

I started to feel better and better and better.

And then....

I woke up 2 days ago and put on (and buttoned) a pair of pants that I couldn't get past my thighs after Andrew... One of the best feelings in the world

and then...

I stepped on the scale and had lost 5lbs in a week.

So the just of the story is... I am delighted and surprised to find out that many of the things in my diet, things that are considered healthy are the things that have been dragging me down and making me feel bad.  I am excited to continue on this journey, not only to enjoy my new baby (who is happy most of the time now) but to learn more about myself and to put more in my bank of health knowledge so I can continue to encourage and inspire others to take control of their health and their life.   I am currently walking a path I never knew I could walk, and I'm doing it with a sense of accomplishment and pride.  Here's to continuing to discover myself and my potential.  

No comments:

Post a Comment