Tuesday, December 18, 2012

New Year New __________

Can you believe it's December already?  It's so hard to comprehend since especially here in Indiana it's been in the 50's and 60's every day.  As I sit here getting ready for work, doing my devotions and reading about how Jerimiah didn't believe that he could do the things God asked of him and I read a challenge from Joyce Myer to accept the purpose God gives to you, quit saying you can't and ask for strength, I begin to think about where I am and what I am being called to.

To think of where you are you have to think of where you've been, so I begin to think about this past year as it winds down and, man has it been a crazy one.....   From January and getting 12 people started on the 24 day challenge to Febuary and realizing we had a 1 year old.  To the Spring and the explosion of people that we encountered and made a part of our lives.  To July and going to Success School and not only being challenged in my Advocare business, but challenged in my Faith and challeged to humble myself and seek out where people are and where in their lives I can serve them.   August brought the challenge of getting struck by lightning and living in a hotel really realizing the basics of what our small family needed.   The Fall has brought lots of challenges and celebrations.  Finding out we are expecting another baby, waiting to find out if that baby will be healthy or have some medical issues (praise the LORD it will be healthy)  Lots of growing in both Faith and relationships.   The last month or so has been a month of total humility realizing that I have to pour into others more than myself to feel as though I am serving God fully.   My marriage has grown, my relationship with Ava has grown and my business has grown.

Seeing all the challenges and the periods of growth make me so excited for the possibilities in the next year.  January 1st is like pushing the reset button and this year I refuse to do what hasn't worked any other year.  I will devise a new plan, I will be diligent in carrying it out, and I will see results.  My fill in the blank for New Year New _____________      Is new year, new possiblities, I'm so excited to see where new levels of commitment and new phases of life will take my family.  Here's to a fantastic and SPARKling 2013

1 comment:

  1. I can totally relate. This past year gas been challenging but I survived and in some instances... I even strived. I pray 2013 is your best year yet...

    ReplyDelete