Monday, September 5, 2011

My story

So I decided to start this blog to share my story and my journey to a new lifestyle with my friends and family.  In order to follow and support me through my new journey to weight loss and health you need to know my background.  I will spend the next few posts catching you up on my life until now.  I am writing this blog to share my commitment and (hopefully) my success during my journey to lose my baby weight and regain my energy and healthy lifestyle that I enjoyed before the birth of my beautiful baby girl.   So.... check in often and hopefully you can share in my joy and cheer me on through my journey.

In the beginning.....

I've never been a small person.... I've struggled with my weight all of my life.  When I went to Purdue after high school I put on quite a bit of weight.  After graduation I came home and eventually met Nate and some of my friends at E 91.  Through those friendships I fell in love with running and being active.  Throughout the year and a half before I married Nate I managed to lose 80 pounds.  How you ask?  I honestly have no idea.  I changed my diet a bit and I ran quite a lot.  When we got married I weighed the least I have ever weighed in my life.  I was active, I was healthy, and I felt GREAT.  What happened?  Well I got into nursing school... and those of you that have done it know... it's stressful.  There's no time to stop and think about eating right, and there's very little time for exercise, not to mention the stress makes you want to eat junk food.  Lack of sleep also plays a part.  Through school I began to gain weight and then.... it happened... I got pregnant.   My pregnancy was great but I was finishing up school until I was 32 weeks so exercise wasn't on the top of my list and neither was watching my diet.  So adding to the 30 pounds of nursing school came 40 pounds with pregnancy.  70 pounds... that's right...   It's not all about the weight though... I just felt/feel crummy.  Tired all the time and just not feeling healthy and lively like I used to.  In the first two weeks after I had my baby I lost about 20 pounds.  For the last 6 months I've been struggling and trying and..... NOTHING.....

This leads us to today.  As of today I have decided it's time to start a journey, a serious journey, and to make a commitment to health and well-being.

My goal: 50lbs in 6 months
Start date: today

Keep watching to see my progress, my feelings, and how I'm doing.  Thank you in advance for your support and your encouragement through my journey :0)

1 comment:

  1. Love the blog babe! I'm very proud of you for taking this step and can't wait to watch and support you on this journey. Love you! ~RWISILY~

    ReplyDelete