Monday, September 19, 2011

Day 10

It's been a while since I've posted on here so I thought I would update.  I left off last time talking about the next step... well here it is...

For a while now I've been debating going an extra step on helping me lose weight.  A few people I know have been part of a company called Advocare.  Advocare is a health and wellness company and many people I know swear by the products.  The problem in my mind (and the problem that will likely hold many people back) was that the products are somewhat pricey.

Advocare has a program called the 24 day challenge that kept coming up and coming up.  I have wanted to try it for a while but the money was a deterrent.  Finally.... I decided that if this is something that could help me get healthy, feel well, get my energy back, and feel great... the investment was worth it.

So..... 10 days ago I began the 24 day challenge.  The first 10 days is a "gentle cleanse" phase.  And it is what it says... a gentle cleanse.  There are various supplements that you take during the cleanse.  Some days you drink a fiber drink which I was very afraid of, but it just feels like drinking orange juice with a TON of pulp.  Other days you take a probiotic replacement, and most nights you take a herbal supplement that helps detox your body.  On top of the supplements you try to eat as healthy as possible.  You eat lots of fresh fruits and veggies and lean meats and cut out the bad starches and sugars.

I am one of those people who didn't know their diet was as bad as it was and 10 days later I'm really impressed with how well I have been eating and how easy it has been :0)

What about the weight loss you ask?  Well.... I'm down between 5 and 6 pounds, but what is better I feel GREAT!  I can make it through a 12 hour shift and still feel good when I get home.  I don't feel like I'm gonna pass out half way through my day and... Today was my first day back into running since the beginning and I felt wonderful.

So....10 days in and so far... I really think this investment was a great idea and I'm SO excited to start phase 2 tomorrow... The max phase... let the energy go up and inches go down!!!!   Here's to the next 14 days and all the days of health and energy to follow!

Until next time.... thanks for following =0)

No comments:

Post a Comment